Title: Transformation Manager
Sheltered by Grace strongly embraces and aims to provide a housing model that uses a network of affordable, supportive housing residences with on site social services and support to help tenants maintain their housing, restore their health, pursue education and employment and regain their economic independence.
Our goal is to create communities and environments that foster respectful and supportive relationships and cause transformation in the lives of those who are most in need of change.
Sheltered by Grace is a Not for Profit Charitable Organisation with a Statement of Faith in alignment with Luke 4:18 which says “the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”.
The Board and Directors of Sheltered by Grace Limited, being of Christian faith will keep this statement in mind at all times when making decisions for the benefit of those we have been called to serve.
The role of the Transformation Manager is to manage Transformation Workers, students and volunteers and coordinate services and support to ensure the effective implementation of client plans.
- Undertake the initial interview with clients and complete relevant paperwork with potential clients to ensure suitability for accommodation
- Manage client relationships with external providers like mental health, individual caseworkers and health providers
- Design plans for clients and arrange schedules that are communicated with the Operations Manager to ensure that appointments are kept
- Oversee the work of Transformation Workers who assist clients with day-to-day living, social skills and linkages with government and not for profit services
- Encourage clients on a daily basis with their social and life skills
- Undertake Quality Assurance checks and encourage continual improvement at the site
- Work with managers from other sites and the management team to improve case management processes and procedures.
- Network with not for profit providers to link in with service providers.
- Lead Transformation Workers and volunteer groups to interact with clients and assist with the running of the property to cause transformation in individuals.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Client liaison and management
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and suggest improvements
- Work as a member of a management team to share knowledge and experiences
- Network and liaise with government and not for profit organisations to promote the service and encourage volunteer assistance
- Manage and lead volunteers to deliver a best practice case management service
- Willingness to undertake training as necessary including Certificate IV in Mental Health, Community or drug and alcohol dependency
- Other courses as required
- Eligibility to become an Associate of the organisation as outlined in the Residential Services Accreditation requirements for the site
This role reports directly to the CEO. Regular reports on case management issues and clients will be required.